WE ARE BACK & ALL GROUP CLASSES ARE LIVE & IN-PERSON !
Whether you are looking for manners, basics, intermediate, advanced, obedience, trick, off-leash, Companion Dog Training, Comfort Dog Training, Emotional Support Dog Training, Therapy Dog Training, Service Dog Training or Assistance Dog Training this is the place for you.
Current Indoor Group Training Offerings:
*Please note; All our classes are Official *AKC/*S.T.A.R. Puppy & *AKC/*CGC Recognized & Approved. (We will follow and adhere to any future COVID protocols put in place & required for groups.)
Our next Class begins Tuesday, November 16, 2021 for 6 weeks:
- 6:30pm for Puppies/Beginners to 1 year (+) of age and
- 7:45pm for Adults 1 year+
- Classes will be held at New Dorp Moravian Church at 2205 Richmond Road
- Entry to the property is on Todt Hill Road off Richmond Road. (It is the first Bldg on your right and parking is located directly behind the Bldg.)
About the Training:
We will be working indoors for these classes.
- The 6:30pm group will be for Puppies & Beginners to 1 year (+) of age
- The 7:45pm will be for Adult dOgs aged usually 1 year+
- Please note, the groups are OPEN to ALL breeds (mixed & pedigreed) and sizes.
Our group classes are a step above the regular Puppy/Beginner/Novice & Adult/Intermediate/Advanced Group Classes offered elsewhere as they are personally run by AKC Approved Instructor//Evaluator Alice Marino and offer each puppy/dOg the opportunity to be tested for the above mentioned AKC Recognized Titles.
Please note, you do NOT have to take the test to be in any of our Group Classes, it is completely optional.
All classes include socialization, obedience, lOve and participation during class as well as “hooman” homework and follow AKC/CGC protocol.
Puppy/Novice/Beginners Group (6 classes)
- Tuesday, Nov 16, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Nov 23, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Nov 30, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 6, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 13, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM
Adult/Int/Adv/AKC.CGC+ Group (6 classes)
- Tuesday, Nov 16, 2021 at 7:45 PM
- Tuesday, Nov 23, 2021 at 7:45 PM
- Tuesday, Nov 30, 2021 at 7:45 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 6, 2021 at 7:45 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 13, 2021 at 7:45 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 20, 2021 at 7:45 PM
Proof of current vaccinations and/or titers are required and must be presented prior to start date as well as a clean fecal!
These MUST be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- COST: $335
- Fee must be paid in full in advance by , November 8, 2021 directly to Alice!
- This is 1st come 1st serve, so if you want to join us Register EARLY as classes fill up very quickly!
- Please contact Alice directly with any questions or any payment related concerns @ 646-596-6706
- Fill out the form below
- Make payment DIRECTLY to Alice via Zelle or Venmo
About Indoor Classes
Basics can include:
- come when called,
- hands signals,
- leave it,
- drop it,
- intro to leash walking,
- loose leash walking,
- walking past other dOgs,
- sitting to be pet,
- handling of paws and face, ears, mouth and being brushed to name a few
Adults/Intermediate/Advanced classes will:
- proof all basics as well as,
- introduce off-leash proofing,
- additional commands where appropriate such as;
- to name a few.
- All accompanying hand signals will also be taught where appropriate.
- A complete handout will be given to each team with full explanations of required behaviors and expected progress
Dogs of ALL BREEDS ~ ALL SIZES are welcome as well as your hoomans, family, and friends. All applicants MUST be approved by RufF lOve dOg traiNIng inC and interview (if requested) prior to Group Class start date. There are no refunds for Group Training Classes (full or partial).
*AKC – America Kennel Club
*CGC – Canine Good Citizen
*S.T.A.R. – Socialization, Training, Activity, and a Responsible owner
*APDT – Association of Professional Dog Trainers
*C.L.A.S.S. – Canine Life and Social Skills
*IACP – International Association of Canine Professionals
*IAABC – International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
Please contact Alice Marino with any additional questions.